- to feel sad
‘Feeling Blue’ Idiom Origin
- This is because blue was related to rain, or storms, and in Greek mythology, the god Zeus would make rain when he was sad (crying), and a storm when he was angry.
- The phrase “feeling blue” is linked also to a custom among many old deepwater sailing ships. If the ship lost the captain or any of the officers during its voyage, she would fly blue flags and have a blue band painted along her entire hull when returning to home port.
Feeling Blue Idiom usage in a sentence
- Feeling blue? Maybe you’re not eating enough salt, say scientists
- Alexa Chung is Feeling Blue at Met Ball 2014!
- Green space keeps you from feeling blue
- Something old, something new, Facebook leaves some feeling blue
Feeling Blue video song – Jane Kya Chahe mann Bavara