- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
- (noun) an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale; “Amelie was physically a replica of her mother”
Replica (रेप्लक / रेप्लिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रतिकृति, प्रतिरूप, प्रतिरूप
- mid 18th century (as a musical term in the sense ‘a repeat’): from Italian, from replicare ‘to reply’.
Replica in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He offered prayers at the statue of Lord Ganesha, which was a replica of the ‘Lalbaug ka Raja’
- Missing her deeply, the heartbroken husband tried to fill the vacuum in his life by buying a replica model of the woman he loved.
- MS Dhoni: Sushant Singh Rajput plays a replica of helicopter shot.
- Although it’s not an exact replica of Escobar’s life, some things were changed to suit the series’ drama quotien
- A replica of Mumbai’s Gateway of India will come up at Boring Road crossing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of replica
- replica – rep.. rep.. repetition – same face
Rakish Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) having or displaying a dashing, jaunty, or slightly disreputable quality or appearance; “he had a rakish, debonair look”
- (adj) (especially of a boat or car) smart and fast-looking, with streamlined angles and curves; “a rakish Chevrolet”
Rakish (रेकिश / रैकिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छिछोरपन लिया हुआ, लम्पट, बाँका
- early 18th century: from rake + -ish
Rakish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The new Swift will also carry a more rakish design.
- The updated model is aimed to appeal to a larger audience, with a combination of muscular shoulders, chiseled waistline and a rakish face.
- For me, the best cameo came from the actor who played the rakish Ravi Shastri with such wicked panache.
- Even Dev Patel, looking rakish and unfinished, kept to the crisp traditional look.
- There was a beautiful woman and a rakish man, and they didn’t like each other.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of rakish
- rakish = rakhi (rak) + sawant (sh) is known for her rakish looks.
Raucous Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) disturbing the public peace; unpleasantly loud and harsh; “outbursts of raucous laughter”
Raucous (रॉकस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, कर्कश, फटा, भारी, भारी आवाज
- mid 18th century: from Latin raucus ‘hoarse’ + -ous.
Raucous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Old Trafford gives Jose Mourinho raucous welcome.
- Around 10,000 Iceland fans were also in the Stade Velodrome and the two sets of fans produced a raucous atmosphere.
- Swami Satchidananda, who calmed the crowd at the raucous Woodstock Music Festival in 1968.
- The raucous protestors criticised the government over the ghastly acid attack and raised slogans.
- The Oracle Arena is considered to be one of the most raucous and have the loudest fans.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of raucous
Ramble Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) walk for pleasure in the countryside; “I spent most of my spare time rambling and climbing”
- (verb) talk or write at length in a confused or inconsequential way; “I’m not going to ramble on about environmental issues”
- (verb) (of a plant) put out long shoots and grow over walls or other plants; “roses climbed, rambled, hung over walls”
- (noun) a walk taken for pleasure in the countryside; “I had looked forward to a leisurely ramble amongst the hills”
Ramble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घूमना, भ्रमण करना, सैर करना, इधर-उधर भटकना
- late Middle English (in sense 2 of the verb): probably related to Middle Dutch rammelen, used of animals in the sense ‘wander about on heat’, also to the noun ram.
Ramble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He tends to ramble and his long-winded verbal deluge can be torture.
- He does ramble along, talking conversationally – in a state that makes a fetish of oratory delivered in literary Tamil.
- The story seems to ramble on for a bit too long without making a very strong point.
- Don’t ramble on and keep it short and sweet.
- Yes, some people would like to post a 10,000 word ramble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ramble
- ramble ~ ram ram ram ram ram (stop rambling)