- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Stupefy Vocab Meme Dictionary – ENglish to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega
Stickler Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a person who insists on a certain quality or type of behaviour; “he’s a stickler for accuracy”
Stickler (स्टिक्लर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आग्रही, ज़ोर देने वाला, वादी
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘umpire’): from obsolete stickle ‘be umpire’, alteration of obsolete stightle ‘to control’, frequentative of Old English stiht(i)an ‘set in order’.
Stickler in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Not just inflation, new RBI guv is a stickler for fiscal responsibility too.
- VP Singh Badnore: Stickler for attendance and green activist.
- But surely if you’re going to be such a stickler for tradition only a virgin bride would wear white.
- He was a stickler when it came to any type of paper work or reports.
- Gopani is a stickler for quality and scalability of the business model.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stickler
- stickler – sticks on something…
Startle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) cause to feel sudden shock or alarm; “a sudden sound in the doorway startled her”
Startle (स्टार्टल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Old English steartlian ‘kick, struggle’, from the base of start. The early sense gave rise to ‘move quickly, caper’ (typically said of cattle), whence ‘cause to react with fear’ (late 16th century).
Startle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This woman surfing inches away from an erupting volcano will startle you.
- A spider can still startle me, but I keep a pair of rainbow stag beetles at home now, and I love them.
- Included here are many little stories that should startle anyone who still holds a worshipful view of the medical profession.
- Enemy: A gripping movie that will startle you.
- Kidney racket probe finding startle cops.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of startle
- startle = star dekhkar startle ho gya mein