- (verb) (of a loud noise) be repeated several times as an echo; “her voice reverberated around the classroom”
- (verb) (of a place) appear to vibrate because of a loud noise; “the hall reverberated with laughter”
- (verb) have continuing and serious effects; “the statements by the professor reverberated through the Capitol”
Reverberate (रिवर्बरट / रीवर्बरेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गूंजना, प्रतिध्वनित होना
- late 15th century (in the sense ‘drive or beat back’): from Latin reverberat- ‘struck again’, from the verb reverberare, from re- ‘back’ + verberare ‘to lash’ (from verbera (plural) ‘scourge’).
Reverberate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Yoga mantras reverberate at DAV Public School.
- Khalistan slogans reverberate inside Golden temple.
- The sound of music could reverberate if Sehwag becomes the coach, given his penchant for bursting into song even while opening the batting.
- Also, in this tournament, large speakers playing heavy rock music will reverberate the podium on participants stand and aim.
- Such warnings could reverberate well beyond the state’s borders.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reverberate
- reverberate = re + vibrate
Hind Mere Jind | Official Video | Sachin A Billion Dreams | A R Rahman | Sachin Tendulkar