- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian
Behemoth Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
Behemoth [bih-hee-muh th, bee–uh-]
- (noun) a huge or monstrous creature
- (noun) something enormous, especially a large and powerful organization
Behemoth (बहीमथ / बिहीमथ / बीहमथ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Hebrew bĕhēmōṯ, intensive plural of bĕhēmāh ‘beast’.
Behemoth in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of behemoth
Behemoth is also a name of a very popular Band
Hyperbole Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (noun) obvious and intentional exaggeration.
- (noun) an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to betaken literally
Hyperbole (हाइपर्बली) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिशयोक्ति,अत्युक्ति,अत्योक्ति,किसी बात को घटा बढ़ाकर कहना
Hyperbole sentences from Newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hyperbole
- hyper(beyond the limit)+bole(means speak)..so someone who gives the statement beyond his limit..overstating basically.
Andaz Apna Apna – Hyperbole Scene 🙂
Ambidextrous Vocab Meme – Daily English Vocabulary Words with Pictures to improve your vocab
Ambidextrous [am-bi-dek-struhs] (adjective)
- Able to use both hands equally well
- unusually skillful; facile
It can also be used with the practice of deceitful double-dealing