- (verb) institute or conduct legal proceedings against (a person or organization). “they were prosecuted for obstructing the highway”
- (verb) institute legal proceedings in respect of (a claim or offence). “the state’s attorney’s office seemed to decide that this was a case worth prosecuting”
- (verb) carry on (a trade or pursuit).“”I am waiting for permission to prosecute my craft”
- (verb) continue with (a course of action) with a view to its completion. “a serious threat to the government’s ability to prosecute the war”
Prosecute meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अभियोग लगाना, अनुसरण करना, लगा रहना, जारी रखना, पीछा करना, निर्वाह करना, अभियोग चलाना, किये जाना, फौज दारी में नालिश करना, मुकदमा चलाना, मुक़दमा करना, अभियुक्त करना
- late Middle English (in prosecute (sense 2)): from Latin prosecut– ‘pursued, accompanied’, from the verb prosequi, from pro– ‘onward’ + sequi ‘follow’.
Prosecute in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Ishrat case: Guj govt denies nod to prosecute ex-cops
- Gujarat Govt Denied Sanction to Prosecute Ex Cops in Ishrat Jahan …
- Kamala Harris Vows to ‘Prosecute the Case’ Against Trump
- Manipur Govt Yet to Give Permission to CBI to Prosecute ‘Fake …
- Iran Should Reach Out to Labor Leaders, Not Prosecute Them
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Prosecute
- If you ‘Persistently’ tell someone ‘Cute’ he/she wil be irritated.
- sounds like prosecute which means to punish or torment
- if you’re not CUTE you’ll face PERSECUTE
- (noun) an earnest or humble request; “he ignored her entreaties”
Entreaty (एन्ट्रीटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अनुनय-विनय, निवेदन, प्रार्थना, विनती, विनय, इसरार, फ़रियाद, मिन्नत
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘treatment, management’; formerly also as intreaty ): from entreat, on the pattern of treaty.
Entreaty in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Trump must not go wobbly and consent to this fake entreaty.
- Supplication is an earnest request or humble entreaty.
- Michael B. Curry reminded us of Martin Luther King’s entreaty at last week’s royal wedding.
- Then, he sealed the deal with this entreaty to the Governor.
- In 1866, West Virginia refused Virginia’s entreaty to do so.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of entreaty
- entreaty – bhaiya stag entry de do.. no gf 🙁
- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian
Behemoth Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
Behemoth [bih-hee-muh th, bee–uh-]
- (noun) a huge or monstrous creature
- (noun) something enormous, especially a large and powerful organization
Behemoth (बहीमथ / बिहीमथ / बीहमथ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Hebrew bĕhēmōṯ, intensive plural of bĕhēmāh ‘beast’.
Behemoth in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of behemoth
Behemoth is also a name of a very popular Band