- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper
Gaffe Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder; “I made some real gaffes at work”
Gaffe (गैफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चूक, भूल, ग़लती, भारी भूल
- early 20th century: from French, literally ‘boathook’ used colloquially to mean ‘blunder’.
Gaffe in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “Saying the wrong thing” is the most straightforward definition of a political gaffe, too.
- ‘Slip Of Tongue,’ Says Sports Minister Vijay Goel On Gold Medal Gaffe.
- Digvijaya’s gaffe invited immediate reactions on social media.
- Gaffe: Diggi talks of ‘India-occupied Kashmir’.
- His latest media gaffe has not come at the expense of himself for a change, but for his brother Sohail.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gaffe
- goofy gaffe bhaut karta hai
Engulf Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) (of a natural force) sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely; “the cafe was engulfed in flames”
- (verb) powerfully affect (someone); overwhelm; “a feeling of anguish so great that it threatened to engulf him”
Engulf (इन्गल्फ / एन्गल्फ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निगलना, निमग्न, निगल जाना, निगल लेना,परिग्रहण करना
- mid 16th century (formerly also as ingulf ): from en-1, in-2 ‘in, on’ + gulf
Engulf in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shootings and stabbings engulf Toronto over the weekend.
- Forest fires engulf 20% more areas in Russia.
- Forest Fires Engulf Large Area Near Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- Thick Smog Continue To Engulf Kalyan.
- All teams and fans are gearing up for the Kabaddi fever which will engulf the entire nation.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of engulf
Mesmerize Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) capture the complete attention of (someone); transfix
Mesmerize (मेज़्मराइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
Mesmerize in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Ayushman Khurana to Mesmerize once again.
- Three star performers from Kashmiri flew to international destinations this year to mesmerize the audience with their live rendition.
- The ceremony will witness stunning performances by Jacqueline and Salim-Sulaiman, who are all set to mesmerize the spectators.
- Though there are no tourist spots to visit, the ecstatic charm and uninhibited feel of the village will mesmerize you.
- With its sharp muscular looks, the car will continue to mesmerize the automobile enthusiasts amidst the diesel car ban happenings.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mesmerize
- mesmerize –> create ‘mess’ in the ‘memory’
Mesmerizing Hindi songs
Appellation Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Appellation (ऐपलेशन / ऐपलैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाम, पदवी, संज्ञा, उपपद, उपाधि
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin appellatio(n- ), from the verb appellare
Appellation in a sentence (word usage in sentence)
- The Islamic word Allah is therefore not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued to be used by Islam.
- Long after the actor went back to Hyderabad, media circles struggled to get the correct appellation for the actor’s sartorial choice.
- Meanwhile, Sushil Kumar Modi started calling himself SuMo, aping Narendra Modi’s appellation NaMo.
- Hajj Amin (hajj is the appellation of a Muslim who has made the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca) was a trouble-maker right from the beginning.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of appellation
- appellation = apple + nation => mere nation ka naam apple hai 🙂
raj naam (appellation) to suna hoga_rab ne bana di jodi