- (noun) the offence of willfully telling an untruth or making a misrepresentation under oath
Perjury (पर्जरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झूठी गवाही, शपथभंग, शपथ पर मिथ्या साक्ष्य
- late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French perjurie, from Latin perjurium ‘false oath’, from the verb perjurare
Perjury in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The BCCI president told Raman that it is his request to Srinivasan that he withdraws the PIL regarding allegations of perjury against Anurag.
- Former New Zealand cricketer Chris Cairns’s perjury trial starts on Monday in London.
- The husband then filed a plea against the court’s interim maintenance order, saying that his wife has committed perjury.
- Woman convicted for perjury in rape case.
- A Delhi court while acquitting a man of rape charges, has ordered perjury proceedings against the woman.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Perjury
- per + jury = jury ke saamne “per” “per” karna (jhoot bolna)
Police Chief Guilty Of Perjury