- (adj) (of an amount) very small or meagre. “she would earn a paltry £33 more a month”
- (adj) petty; trivial. “naval glory struck him as paltry”
Paltry meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तुच्छ,नगण्य, क्षुद्र,तुच्छ, निकम्मा, नीच
- mid 16th century: apparently based on dialect pelt ‘rubbish, especially rags’; compare with Low German paltrig ‘ragged’.
Paltry in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Sena targets BJP over ‘paltry‘ aid by Guv for rain-hit farmers, The Shiv Sena took a swipe at its one-time ally, the BJP, over the “paltry” financial assistance announced by Maharashtra Governor Bhagat …
- Mayank Agarwal hits another double hundred as India grind …, After India had bowled Bangladesh out for a paltry 150, Rohit Sharma fell for 6 while Virat Kohli was dismissed for a duck. However, Mayank …
- How Can India Revive Its Philanthropic Heritage?, A paltry amount, one would say, but it still is a ray of hope for the … In a book titled Daan and Other Giving Traditions –India’s Forgotten Pot of …
- Indian eves inch West Indies by 5 runs in 4th T20I, lead series …, Meanwhile, India Women ended up with a paltry total of 50 for 7 in 9 overs. Pooja Vastrakar, with a score of 10, was the top scorer for the side.
- Five things that changed the way India travels, Liberalized air market: Today, India has 22 commercial airlines … debit cards in circulation, as compared to a paltry 44.2 million credit cards.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paltry
- pal means moment in hindi,its very small…so can b neglected when we r wasting hrs on facebook:)
How to Pronounce Paltry