- (adj) (of a man) confident, stylish, and charming; “all the men looked debonair and handsome in white tie and tails”
Debonair (डेबनेर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, मेहरबान, विनीत, सुशील, हँसमुख, ख़ुशदिल, ख़ुशमिज़ाज
- Middle English (in the sense ‘meek or courteous’): from Old French debonaire, from de bon aire ‘of good disposition’.
Debonair in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shahid Kapoor turns the DEBONAIR mode on in this trippy photoshoot.
- Aamir looked debonair in a Nehru jacket while his wife Kiran Rao looked stunning in a shimmery golden sari.
- He’s like some kind of humorless combination of James Bond and Dirk Diggler, both debonair and dirty.
- On Valentine’s Day, show your date you’re debonair by courting the wines of the world.
- The beautiful ladies and debonair gentlemen arrived in limousines and walked the red carpet donning their elegant gowns and suits.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debonair
- debo = bebo = kareena kapoor .. bebo ka husband debonair hi hoga
- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
indomitable Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) impossible to subdue or defeat; “a woman of indomitable spirit”
indomitable (इन्डामिटबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘untameable’): from late Latin indomitabilis, from in- ‘not’ + Latin domitare ‘to tame’.
indomitable in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Outsider Sakshi’s bronze tribute to indomitable spirit.
- P.V. Sindhu – a story of indomitable passion and incredible grace.
- He has an “indomitable spirit” and he never gives up.
- I must salute your courageous parents and your indomitable coach.
- I am deeply determined to motivate this indomitable and strong Nigerian team.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indomitable
- indomitable – jisko dominate nahi kar sakte
invincible Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) too powerful to be defeated or overcome; “an invincible warrior”
invincible meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (earlier than vincible ): via Old French from Latin invincibilis, from in- ‘not’ + vincibilis
invincible in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Rio takeaways: Big concerns for once-invincible Novak Djokovic.
- Suicide Squad: Why the Superhero Movie is Invincible.
- One of the stories of Rio Olympics 2016 has been the near-invincible Michael Phelps.
- Simply with Sarfraz Ahmed and three tailenders, Younus added 202 to that overnight lead and made it invincible.
- In short, we feel invincible – flying so high, with our heads in the sky!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of invincible
- vin = win, jisko jeeta na ja sakke