- (noun) an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information. “conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied”
- (verb) form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information. “many conjectured that the jury could not agree”
Conjecture meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अटकलबाज़ी, अनुमान, अंदाज, अनुमान करना, अनुमान लगाना, अटकल लगाना, अनुमान से निर्णय करना
- late Middle English (in the senses ‘to divine’ and ‘divination’): from Old French, or from Latin conjectura, from conicere ‘put together in thought’, from con- ‘together’ + jacere ‘throw’.
Conjecture in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- In Ayodhya case, a question and railing, Appearing for Sunni Waqf Board, senior advocate Dhavan reacted sharply and said, “It is conjecture on the judge’s part that Hindus went inside …
- Kashmir’s moment, The next few days are of pivotal importance to Indian-Occupied … there is conjecture that the prime ministers of India and Pakistan along with …
- Picking on Minutest of Errors Will Hinder, Not Help Rishabh …, There was outrage all over, questioning how India could leave out such … and ‘fearless’ batting; this isn’t just a conjecture from watching Pant, …
- Whose mistakes killed the economy?, When the global financial crisis hit, India’s GDP growth crashed to 3.1 per cent. Projects … Sanju: All this is pure conjecture, Sherlock. Where’s ..
- OnePlus Music Festival Set for November 16 in India, Katy …, Of course, this is pure conjecture from our end. … super excited that Katy Perry will be starring in our first-ever OnePlus Music Festival in India!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Conjecture
- conclusion drawn on base of junk… conjuction
- conjecture:con(kon) hai jec(jack)…chal GUESS mar..