lambast Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast
Reprimand Vocab Meme – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a severe reproof or rebuke, especially a formal one by a person in authority; “the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules”
(verb) rebuke formally “officials were reprimanded for poor work”
Reprimand (रेप्रमैन्ड / रेप्रीमान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
फटकार, निंदा करना, डांटना, डाँट, घुड़की
- mid 17th century: from French réprimande, via Spanish from Latin reprimenda, ‘things to be held in check’, neuter plural gerundive of reprimere.
Reprimand in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj and party MLA Sangeet Som on Monday rejected media reports that they were reprimanded by party chief Amit Shah.
- Wankhede curator asks BCCI to reprimand Ravi Shastri.
- This comes amid reports that Shah on Sunday summoned and reprimanded several top party leaders for making controversial comments.
- All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Ensure to reprimand/report anyone teasing stray animals. (No tying crackers to tails or hurling a live fire on an innocent animal.)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reprimand
- Reprimand = Remand ; jab police kissi ko remand per leti hai toh they scold severely (rebuke formally)
Software Engineer reprimanded – Sunny Deol Funny
Perjury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the offence of willfully telling an untruth or making a misrepresentation under oath
Perjury (पर्जरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झूठी गवाही, शपथभंग, शपथ पर मिथ्या साक्ष्य
- late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French perjurie, from Latin perjurium ‘false oath’, from the verb perjurare
Perjury in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The BCCI president told Raman that it is his request to Srinivasan that he withdraws the PIL regarding allegations of perjury against Anurag.
- Former New Zealand cricketer Chris Cairns’s perjury trial starts on Monday in London.
- The husband then filed a plea against the court’s interim maintenance order, saying that his wife has committed perjury.
- Woman convicted for perjury in rape case.
- A Delhi court while acquitting a man of rape charges, has ordered perjury proceedings against the woman.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Perjury
- per + jury = jury ke saamne “per” “per” karna (jhoot bolna)
Police Chief Guilty Of Perjury
Admonish Vocab Meme Dicitionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) to caution, advise, or counsel against something
- (verb) to reprove or scold, especially in a mild and good-willed manner:
“The teacher admonished him about excessive noise”
- (verb) to urge to a duty; remind, “to admonish them about their obligations”
Admonish (ऐड्मानिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सावधान करना, कान खोलना, नम्रता से झिड़कना, साधारण चेतावनी देना, गम्भीरता से सलाह देना
- Middle English amonest ‘urge, exhort’, from Old French amonester, based on Latin admonere ‘urge by warning’
Admonish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of admonish
- Mom admonishing ” beta so jao nahi De-mon aa jaayega”
Sunny Deol Admonishing 🙂