- (noun) motor vehicle licensed to transport passengers in return for payment of a fare and typically fitted with a taximeter. “I’ll take a taxi from the air terminal”
- (noun) a boat or other means of transportation used in the same way as a taxi. “they took a motor-boat taxi to the end of the Grand Canal”
- (noun) (in South Africa) a light vehicle, especially a minibus, transporting passengers along a fixed route for a set fare but not operating to a timetable.
- (verb) (of an aircraft) move slowly along the ground before take-off or after landing. “the plane taxied to a halt at the terminal”
- (verb) (of a pilot) cause (an aircraft) to taxi. “he taxied the plane to the very end of the airstrip”
- (verb) take a taxi as a means of transport. “I would taxi home and sleep till eight”
Taxi meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टेक्सी, टैक्सी, मोटरकार, किराये पर चलने वाली मोटर गाड़ी, धीमे चलना, टैक्सी में जाना, धीमे चलना, हवाई जहाज़ को ज़मीन पर चलाना, टैक्सी में जाना, टैक्सी में जाना या ले जाना
- early 20th century: abbreviation of taxicab or taximeter cab (see taximeter).
Taxi in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Naresh Goyal offloaded by immigration after recall of aircraft taxiing for …, As for the 25-year old Jet, which “temporarily” suspended flight operations on April 17, it owes over Rs 7,000 crore to nine Indian banks led by …
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs moved a month ago to bar Naresh Goyal …, … Affairs moved a month ago to bar Naresh Goyal from leaving India … the air traffic control called back an Emirates flight that was taxiing to …
- Bots on wheels to save fuel at airport, CEO Jaipuriar added, “We are excited to introduce this advanced taxiing solution that is operationally efficient and environmentally-friendly.
- Here’s why former Navy chief wants India’s next Raksha Mantri to …, Here’s why former Navy chief wants India’s next Raksha Mantri to …. steering, via rudder-pedals, made for relaxed taxiing to the runway.
- Delhi Airport paves way for Green Aviation Initiatives, Launching the operation, DIAL’s Chief Executive Officer Videh Kumar Jaipuriar, said “We are excited to introduce this advanced taxiing solution …