Vernacular Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Vernacular [ver-nak-yuh-ler, vuh–nak-]
- (noun) the native speech or language of a place.“he wrote in the vernacular to reach a larger audience”
- (noun) the common name of an animal or plant as distinguished from its Latin scientific name.
- (noun) a style of architecture exemplifying the commonest techniques, decorative features, and materials of a particular historical period, region, or group of people.
- (noun) any medium or mode of expression that reflects popular taste or indigenous styles.
- (adj) (of language) native or indigenous
- (adj) using plain, everyday, ordinary language.“a vernacular poem, a vernacular speaker”
- (adj) of, relating to, or characteristic of architectural vernacular. “vernacular buildings”
- (adj) noting or pertaining to the common name for a plant or animal.
Vernacular (वर्नैक्यलर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- स्थानीय भाषा, देशी भाषा, मातृभाषा
- early 17th century: from Latin vernaculus ‘domestic, native’ (from verna ‘home-born slave’) + -ar1.
Vernacular in a sentence ( word usage in newspaper)
- Online medical consultation provider MediAngels will soon offer consultation in vernacular languages
- Some publish original content, others curate and distribute it. Another pattern that is emerging is the rise of short-form and vernacular content.
- The company has launched India’s first vernacular rail booking app in five languages (besides English)
- Google to focus on vernacular language services
- Speakers debated if Hindi films can be called national while vernacular ones are called regional.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vernacular
- Vernacular – verma ji ki vernacular langauge… “Hao”
Lalu Prasad Yadav mimics PM Narendra Modi in his vernacular language
Abscond Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (verb) leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest
Abscond (ऐब्स्कान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hide, conceal oneself’): from Latin abscondere ‘hide’, from ab- ‘away, from’ + condere ‘stow’
Abscond in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- After conning the victims of huge sums of money, they abscond.
- Probably that was one of the main reasons he chose to surrender and cooperate with his captors rather than abscond.
- No one, howsoever mighty he or she maybe, has the right to abscond from the law.
- In the attempt to abscond from the place he lost control of the vehicle and knocked against two checkpoint barricades one after the other.
- Real estate tycoon Anil Kumar Sharma today claimed that he was not absconding after being named an accused in the murder of Balika.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abscond
- “Ab” – scond (“KAND”) – ‘Ab’ ‘kand’ karoge toh secrectly bhagna padega nahh
Dhoom – John’s absconding scene
Soporific Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Soporific [sop-uh-rif-ik, soh-puh-]
- (adj) tending to induce drowsiness or sleep;“some medicine made her soporific”
- (noun) a drug or other substance that induces drowsiness or sleep; “she was given a soporific”
Soporific meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निँदासा, ऊंघता हुआ, निद्राजनक, नींद लानेवाला, निद्राकर औषध
- mid 17th century: from Latin sopor ‘sleep’ + -ific.
Soporific in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The police told Reuters they had no information about the possible use of soporific gas in the air conditioning system.
- England’s bowlers otherwise seemingly affected by the soporific atmosphere.
- The soporific mood is well and truly alive in the Union Territory and is never more evident than on long summer days.
- It’s rather ironical then that every conversation in the film feels like a lecture — like the tedious, soporific lectures one gets in bad colleges.
- The procedure is carried out to remove the fattening tissue under a general soporific.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of soporific
- soporific mein chhupa hai “soo” (sleep)
Cute Kid Soporific Funny Video So Adorable