- (noun) a body of troops or police officers standing or moving in close formation. “six hundred marchers set off, led by a phalanx of police”
- (noun) a group of people or things of a similar type forming a compact body. “he headed past the phalanx of waiting reporters to the line of limos”
- (noun) (in ancient Greece) a body of Macedonian infantry drawn up in close order with shields touching and long spears overlapping.
- (noun) a bone of the finger or toe.
Phalanx meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- व्यूह, संघटित दल, जत्था, झुंड, पंक्ति, व्यूह
- mid 16th century (denoting a body of Macedonian infantry): via Latin from Greek.
Phalanx in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Saaho box office collection Day 10: Prabhas’ film earns over …, While it is performing well worldwide and in south India, its Hindi ….. things at tattooed guys built like trucks, and mowing down a phalanx of …
- Space century, It is only proper that the Indian Space Research Organisation … a phalanx of his followers whose capabilities even surpassed his own on …
- Violent Hong Kong Protests Meet Violent Police Response, Videos aired and shared online showed officers snagging a few people, as a phalanx of police charged a train car, whipping and beating …
- Demise of titans no decline of party?, On the contrary, the Indian National Congress, which also lost a phalanx of popular leaders in the past is unable to provide successful …
- He knew which way the wind was blowing, … competent and successful phalanx of leaders when he helmed the party … coalesced Hindu sentiments for the first time in Independent India.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Phalanx
- or obse(ssed)-Qui( yes in frech)-ous=always obsessed with saying yes to it all
- ob + SEQUI + ous .. sequi means sequence where one thing “follows” the other.. and servants follow what their masters say..