- (noun) a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
Vigilante meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- निगरानी समिति सदस्य, सतर्कता समिति सदस्य
- mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally ‘vigilant’.
Vigilante in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Christians, Muslims protest over Indian cow vigilantes
- How a vigilante Facebook group tried to get “anti-national” Indians …
- India’s beef exports rise under Modi govt despite Hindu vigilante …
- How Fake News On The World’s Largest App Is Causing Vigilante …
- Vigilante ‘death squads’ using Facebook & Twitter to hunt gang …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Vigilante
- In IGI game you have to be very vigilant…i.e. keep a careful watch..hope u r a gamer!!
- An elephANT is very vigilANT when it comes to mice
- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
- (adj) (of a disease or poison) extremely severe or harmful in its effects;“a virulent strain of influenza”
- (adj) bitterly hostile;“a virulent attack on liberalism”
Virulent (विरलन्ट / विर्यलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उग्र, जहरीला, तीखा, द्रोही, विषमय, विषाक्त, विषैला, संक्रामक
- late Middle English (originally describing a poisoned wound): from Latin virulentus, from virus ‘poison’
Virulent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Virulent CPM hatred triggered attack on CITU leader.
- In this past week we have seen virulent hysteria from political leaders on a scale rarely seen before.
- Even while targeting BJP, parties are competing with each other to be seen as the most virulent critic of the half-baked move.
- Strain of dengue in Delhi less virulent, says health secretary.
- On the social media, the tone is virulent; one asked, “why should every policy be about the poor.” Why indeed?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Virulent
Vivid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
Vituperative Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) blame or insult (someone) in strong or violent language; “he vituperated against all presidents with equal gusto”
Vituperate (वाइटूपरटिव / वटूपरटिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गाली देना, निंदा करना, तिरस्कार करना, घोर निन्दा करना, बुरा कहना, झिडंकना
- mid 16th century: from Latin vituperat- ‘censured, disparaged’.
Vituperate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Of course, Donald Trump started the vituperative campaign which looked like a hate campaign against Asians, Muslims, and even women.
- The woman he abused, Mayawati, indirectly insults the girl in her vituperative address on no less a platform than the country’s parliament.
- This crisis is also different in the sense that our opponent now is more vicious, more vituperative, more single-minded in his focus to destroy us.
- Your idiotic and vituperative TV debate shows were enough to judge your character.
- He said the YSRC, was making a vituperative attack on him purposefully.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vituperate
- “vitu” pe “rate” karna… saala vitu kamina hai.. iski rating 0.