- (noun) the traditional beliefs, customs, and stories of a community, passed through the generations by word of mouth.
- (verb) a body of popular myths or beliefs relating to a particular place, activity, or group of people.“Hollywood folklore”
Folklore meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कहावत, लोकसाहित्य, घरेलू कथा कहानी, पौराणिक बाते, लोक-साहित्य, जनकथा-विज्ञान
- mid 19th century: from folk + lore1.
Folklore in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Man behind Kerala’s private folklore museum laid to rest
- Kartik Purnima 2018: Folklore and significance of the festival
- Himachal Pradesh’s Folklore Music Festival Features Rock, Metal and …
- 11 Scary Ghosts From Indian Folklore That Are The Stuff Nightmares …
- From Arabic folklore to an Indian prison