Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Gullible Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) easily persuaded to believe something; credulous; “an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money”
Gullible (गलबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भोला, भोला-भाला, सीधा, सीधा-साधा
- early 19th century: from gull2 + -ible.
Gullible in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Let’s not be gullible enough to assume that there isn’t a deeper agenda behind this vicious campaign.
- We suspect a gang behind credit card fraud who are targeting gullible people and on the name of bank doing online transactions.
- Police said the accused had been enrolling gullible people as agents by collecting Rs 10 lakh from a group of 10 persons.
- The bank account details so far revealed that they had so far cheated approximately 500 gullible people to the tune of Rs. 3 crore.
- He found someone naïve and gullible who he can control.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gullible
- gullible = ‘girl’ + ‘able’ –> girls are able to cheat gullible boys by their looks.
Vivid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
Stupefy Vocab Meme Dictionary – ENglish to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (someone) unable to think or feel properly; “As the days passed, the heat would stupefy us, making us too tired to even talk”
- (verb) astonish and shock; “the amount they spend on clothes would stupefy their grandparents”
Stupefy (स्टूपफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अचंभे में डालना, चकित करना, मति-मंद करना
- late Middle English: from French stupéfier, from Latin stupefacere, from stupere ‘be struck senseless’.
Stupefy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A Harry Potter wedding: Everything magical to ‘Stupefy‘ their wedding guests.
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- But the same ball seems to stupefy them when coming from 22 yards away.
- Not only will he stupefy the audience with his visual close-up Magic but also with his skills in ‘Mentalism’ where he reads people’s minds.
- Curiously, this excess of information does no more than stupefy us.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stupefy
- Stupid student ko tough puzzle doge toh stupefy ho jaayega
Genuflect Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) lower one’s body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect.
- (verb) show deference or servility; “politicians had to genuflect to the far left to advance their careers”
Genuflect (जेन्युफ्लेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘bend (the knee’)): from ecclesiastical Latin genuflectere, from Latin genu ‘knee’ + flectere ‘to bend’.
Genuflect in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Why genuflect before WTO?
- We stop at shrine after shrine to genuflect.
- Indians no longer automatically genuflect before any desi who is a big success in the West.
- Many senior officers genuflect before him for routine favours.
- All he has is a band of sycophants who genuflect to him just because their survival depends on him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of genuflect
- genuflect = jaanu se conflict ho toh genuflect kar lena bhai