- (noun) an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale; “Amelie was physically a replica of her mother”
Replica (रेप्लक / रेप्लिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रतिकृति, प्रतिरूप, प्रतिरूप
- mid 18th century (as a musical term in the sense ‘a repeat’): from Italian, from replicare ‘to reply’.
Replica in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He offered prayers at the statue of Lord Ganesha, which was a replica of the ‘Lalbaug ka Raja’
- Missing her deeply, the heartbroken husband tried to fill the vacuum in his life by buying a replica model of the woman he loved.
- MS Dhoni: Sushant Singh Rajput plays a replica of helicopter shot.
- Although it’s not an exact replica of Escobar’s life, some things were changed to suit the series’ drama quotien
- A replica of Mumbai’s Gateway of India will come up at Boring Road crossing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of replica
- replica – rep.. rep.. repetition – same face
- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Gullible Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) easily persuaded to believe something; credulous; “an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money”
Gullible (गलबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भोला, भोला-भाला, सीधा, सीधा-साधा
- early 19th century: from gull2 + -ible.
Gullible in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Let’s not be gullible enough to assume that there isn’t a deeper agenda behind this vicious campaign.
- We suspect a gang behind credit card fraud who are targeting gullible people and on the name of bank doing online transactions.
- Police said the accused had been enrolling gullible people as agents by collecting Rs 10 lakh from a group of 10 persons.
- The bank account details so far revealed that they had so far cheated approximately 500 gullible people to the tune of Rs. 3 crore.
- He found someone naïve and gullible who he can control.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gullible
- gullible = ‘girl’ + ‘able’ –> girls are able to cheat gullible boys by their looks.
Vivid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?