Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit
Labyrinth Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one’s way; a maze; “you lose yourself in a labyrinth of little streets”
- (noun) an intricate and confusing arrangement; “a labyrinth of conflicting laws and regulations”
Labyrinth (लैबरिन्थ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English (referring to the maze constructed by Daedalus to house the Minotaur): from French labyrinthe or Latin labyrinthus, from Greek laburinthos.
Labyrinth in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- And within the labyrinth of tunnels and rooms in the three floors of the temple, the terrorists had made all preparations for gun battle.
- It is a book that should generate a labyrinth of conversations, most of which can be socially transformative.
- The city remains a familiar labyrinth of rigidity, tradition, exotica, filth and chaos.
- In the 1990s, he went deep into the labyrinth of governance.
- Now visualise two little girls holding a mother’s hand and helping her navigate the labyrinth of emotions. How does this feel?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of labyrinth
- labyrinth = Chemistry “LAB” is nothing but labyrinth
Quisling Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country
Quisling (क्विज़्लिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- देशद्रोही, द्रोही, ग़द्दार
- Second World War: from the name of Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer and diplomat who ruled Norway on behalf of the German occupying forces (1940–45).
Quisling in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We owe that term to Vidkun Quisling, who welcomed the Nazis into Norway in exchange for heading a puppet government.
- Is this Mr Bardow a Quisling and an appeaser?
- Mr Fletcher confirmed yesterday (Wednesday) that he was asked to apologise for using the word “quisling” about local politicians.
- They would have been ruled by Quislings.
- He is at best a Quisling, at worst a traitor to his own people and our religious values.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quisling
- Remember.. Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer – traitor.
Raconteur Vocab meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way.
Raconteur (रैकान्टर / रैकान्टूर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मज़ेदार कहानियाँ सुनाने वाला, बयान करनेवाला
- early 19th century: French, from raconter ‘relate, recount’.
Raconteur in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- He was also a gentleman, a scholar, a great raconteur.
- He was a raconteur whose life slowly and then quickly careered off the rails.
- Khushwant Singh: A born raconteur, a vintage sardar.
- Kolkata loses its favourite raconteur.
- Details on how big that six was depended on the level of the raconteur’s imagination.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of raconteur
- reckon ~ think, imagin. => Raconteur one who thinks/imagin -> Storyteller
Sagacity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the quality of being sagacious, acuteness of mental discernment and soundness of judgment; “a man of great political sagacity”
Sagacity (सगैसिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चतुराई, अक़्लमंदी, दूरंदेशी, बुद्धिमत्ता,सूक्ष्म बुद्धि, अक़्लमंदी
- early 17th century: from Latin sagax, sagac- ‘wise’
Sagacity in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Time will only tell if the people of these two states show the same political sagacity.
- But one would have liked a little more sagacity in the way she gets into this complex role.
- If India has become a mature democracy it is because of the sagacity of the voters.
- This shows your sagacity, wisdom and knowledge of what and how to do like a true leader.
- The voters of the four states and one union territory have once again demonstrated their sagacity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sagacity