- (adj) (of a man) confident, stylish, and charming; “all the men looked debonair and handsome in white tie and tails”
Debonair (डेबनेर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, मेहरबान, विनीत, सुशील, हँसमुख, ख़ुशदिल, ख़ुशमिज़ाज
- Middle English (in the sense ‘meek or courteous’): from Old French debonaire, from de bon aire ‘of good disposition’.
Debonair in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shahid Kapoor turns the DEBONAIR mode on in this trippy photoshoot.
- Aamir looked debonair in a Nehru jacket while his wife Kiran Rao looked stunning in a shimmery golden sari.
- He’s like some kind of humorless combination of James Bond and Dirk Diggler, both debonair and dirty.
- On Valentine’s Day, show your date you’re debonair by courting the wines of the world.
- The beautiful ladies and debonair gentlemen arrived in limousines and walked the red carpet donning their elegant gowns and suits.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of debonair
- debo = bebo = kareena kapoor .. bebo ka husband debonair hi hoga
- (noun) a countless or extremely great number of people or things; “myriads of insects danced around the light above my head”
- (noun) (chiefly in classical history) a unit of ten thousand; “the army was organized on a decimal system, up to divisions of 10,000 or myriads”
- (adj) countless or extremely great in number; “the myriad lights of the city”
- (adj) having countless or very many elements or aspects; “the myriad political scene”
Myriad (मिरीअड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दस हज़र, हज़ारों, अनगिनत संख्या, असंख्य, बेशुमार, लाखों, हजारों
- mid 16th century (in sense 2 of the noun): via late Latin from Greek murias, muriad-, from murioi ‘10,000’.
Myriad in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump Enters the White House Facing a Myriad Crises.
- Explaining that myriad measures were taken to help the transition easier for the citizens of the country, he said,
- Satisfying myriad sections is tough in politics.
- Myriad events to showcase multiple skills and an opportunity to socialise and revel in friendly competition.
- we aim to address the myriad healthcare challenges associated with poor public health infrastructure.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of myriad
- Myriad = My + Raid,,,, Myriad money ke karan mere yahan raid pad gayi
Ek Myriad mein meri behna hai.. Song
- (verb) convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another; “I’m not here to proselytize”
- (verb) advocate or promote (a belief or course of action); “Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas”
Proselytize (प्रासलटाइज़ / प्रासलिटाइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- 1670s, “to make proselytes,” from proselyte + -ize. Related: Proselytized ; proselytizing.
Proselytize in a sentence (important vocabulary in recent newspaper)
- It has been said that Mother Teresa was part of the missionary and her primary role here was to proselytize.
- This includes a duty to proselytize to both non-Muslims and Muslims who have, in their view, ‘deviated’ from the ‘correct’ path”, she said.
- ‘Islamic televangelism’ is defined as: “The use of the television medium to proselytize the audience and viewers.
- You cannot freely proselytize in Muslim countries.
- Hindus didn’t have to go out and proselytize like the Christians, as if to prove our worth to our faith.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of proselytize