- (noun) a typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model. “society’s paradigm of the ‘ideal woman’”
- (noun) a world view underlying the theories and methodology of a particular scientific subject. “the discovery of universal gravitation became the paradigm of successful science”
- (noun) a set of linguistic items that form mutually exclusive choices in particular syntactic roles. “English determiners form a paradigm: we can say ‘a book’ or ‘his book’ but not ‘a his book’”
- (noun) (in the traditional grammar of Latin, Greek, and other inflected languages) a table of all the inflected forms of a particular verb, noun, or adjective, serving as a model for other words of the same conjugation or declension.
Paradigm meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मिसाल, रूपावाली, उदाहरण, नमूना, आद,र्श प्रकार, रूप निदर्शन, प्रतिमान, परिप्रेक्ष्य, रूपतालिका
- late 15th century: via late Latin from Greek paradeigma, from paradeiknunai ‘show side by side’, from para- ‘beside’ + deiknunai ‘to show’.
Paradigm in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Industry captain IFFCO effects paradigm shift; launches Nano …, Co-op titan IFFCO effected a sort of paradigm shift on Sunday at its … the lead in announcing such nano products for the first time in India.
- Opinion | India should now get its trade negotiation act together, India had participated in the RCEP process since its inception in 2013, … lack of new innovations may change this paradigm in the future.
- India needs a paradigm shift in aerial power | HT editorial, Such is the tortuous history of Indian arms procurement that defence minister Rajnath Singh officially accepting the first Rafale fighter aircraft is …
- The Daily Fix: Social media is vital for Indian democratic …, Social media represents a similar paradigm shift, intensifying the … India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party, for example, has built its online …
- Jammu & Kashmir highlights paradigm shift in conflict resolution … It can be contemporary version of erstwhile Indian Frontier Administrative …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paradigm
- HERE DIVIDE AS PARA+DIGM— DIGM=DIAGRAM SO DIAGRAM SERVES AS MODEL,EXAMPLE,PATTERN FOR A PROTOTYPE
- divide it like parad+igm…..now focus on PARADE….parade is done DURING PUBLIC CELEBRATIONS LIKE INDEPENDENCE DAY, REPUBLIC DAY..just to SHOW OR EXHIBIT THE strength of nation, SO watching a parade is A EXAMPLE OR MODAL for other countries to IDENT
How to Pronounce Paradigm