- (noun) an apparatus for making fabric by weaving yarn or thread.
- (noun) a vague and often exaggerated first appearance of an object seen in darkness or fog, especially at sea. “the loom of the land”
- (verb) appear as a vague form, especially one that is large or threatening. “vehicles loomed out of the darkness
- (verb) (of an event regarded as threatening) seem about to happen. “there is a crisis looming”
Loom meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- संकट मँडराना, सम्भावना होना, करघा, हावी होना, अस्पष्ट छाया दीखना, अस्पष्ट सा दिखाई देना, अस्पष्ट देख पड़ना, करघा, धुंधला दिखाई देना, पास ही मंडराना
- Old English gelōma ‘tool’, shortened to lome in Middle English.
- mid 16th century: probably from Low German or Dutch; compare with East Frisian lōmen ‘move slowly’, Middle High German lüemen ‘be weary’.
Loom in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As recession fears loom, is India better equipped than 2008?, Investors are in a fix. Most portfolios are trading in the red and the investors don’t know what to do next as fear of a recession, fanned by an …
- Sensex snaps 3-day winning run as recession fears loom; Yes Bank …, Additionally, India Ratings lowered the country’s growth forecast to a six-year low of 6.7 per cent for the current fiscal from its earlier estimate of …
- No.4 problem continues to loom over India’s ODI side, The question has been asked many times. India wanted to convince the world that whoever is picked for the spot is good enough.
- Traders flock to gold as fears of recession in the US loom large, The surge isn’t temporary and future price path will largely depend on policy action,” says Sudheesh Nambiath, head of India Gold Policy …
- Rate cut spreads in Asia, but currency risks loom, MUMBAI/BANGKOK — The central banks of India, Thailand and New Zealand all lowered key interest rates on Wednesday, following the U.S. …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Loom
- it sounds like ‘zoom’, so even when you zoom a picture or photo it enlarges & if you zoom it more it gets a bit distorted
- danger “loomed” large.. a common phrase
Santipur Tant Sarees power Loom | Jamdani saree making in Dropbox Loom | Hand Loom