Dolorous Vocab Meme +1 Vocab Word to your Word List
Dolorous [dol-er-uhs, doh-ler-] (adjective)
Dolorous Word Usage:
Her music always has a faintly dolorous feel
Malevolent and Benevolent Vocab Meme +12 Vocabulary Words to your WordList
Benevolent [buh-nev-uh-luh nt] (adjective)
- someone who does good deeds or shows goodwill
Common Usage: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile;a benevolent institution.
Malevolent [muh-lev-uh-luh nt] (adjective)
- they wish evil on others.
Now guess the meaning of related words:
- Malign Vs Benign
- Malediction Vs Benediction
- Maleficent Vs Beneficent
- Malefactor Vs Benefactor
- Malefaction Vs Benefaction
To hang up One’s boot Vocab Meme +1 Vocab idiom to your Word list
To Hang Up One’s Boot
- to retire; to permanently stop playing a sport
“To Hang Up One’s Boot” Idiom Usage
Sachin Tendulkar,one of the greatest batsman ever to play the sport, has confirmed it’s nearly time to hang up his boots.
Happiness related Idioms Memes +6 Vocab Idioms to your Word List
Having a whale of a time: To have an exciting or fun time
On cloud nine: state of happiness
On top of the World: feeling wonderful; glorious; ecstatic
Tickled pink: Very pleased; delighted
Buzzing: make droning sound like a bee;gossip
Over the moon: to be extremely pleased about something
Diffident Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Diffident [dif-i-duhnt] (adjective)
- someone who is shy and lacks self-confidence
- lacking confidence in one’s own ability
- restrained or reserved in manner, conduct, etc
Diffident Word Usage:
- Diffidence is sure to mar your chances of selection in the interview.
- There’s no need to be so diffident about your achievements – you’ve done really well!
Diffident Word Usage in News: