Intimidate Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Intimidate [in-tim-i-deyt] (verb)
- to frighten or make someone afraid
- to make timid or fearful
- to compel or deter by inducing fear
Intimidate Word usage:
- Managements now realize that intimidation does not contribute to efficiency.
- The don’s intimidating presence in the nightclub was disturbing the other patrons.
Intimidating Word Usage in News:
immolate Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Immolate [im-uh-leyt] (verb)
- to kill or offer as a sacrifice, usually by burning
- to destroy by fire
Self-immolation refers to setting oneself on fire.
Immolate Word Usage:
- People immolate sheeps after the prayers as part of the Eid al Adha muslim festivies.
- Students’ self immolation over the Mandal issue was tragic.
- Immolate the valuables at the temple.
Immolate Word Usage in News:
Dolorous Vocab Meme +1 Vocab Word to your Word List
Dolorous [dol-er-uhs, doh-ler-] (adjective)
Dolorous Word Usage:
Her music always has a faintly dolorous feel
Malevolent and Benevolent Vocab Meme +12 Vocabulary Words to your WordList
Benevolent [buh-nev-uh-luh nt] (adjective)
- someone who does good deeds or shows goodwill
Common Usage: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile;a benevolent institution.
Malevolent [muh-lev-uh-luh nt] (adjective)
- they wish evil on others.
Now guess the meaning of related words:
- Malign Vs Benign
- Malediction Vs Benediction
- Maleficent Vs Beneficent
- Malefactor Vs Benefactor
- Malefaction Vs Benefaction
To hang up One’s boot Vocab Meme +1 Vocab idiom to your Word list
To Hang Up One’s Boot
- to retire; to permanently stop playing a sport
“To Hang Up One’s Boot” Idiom Usage
Sachin Tendulkar,one of the greatest batsman ever to play the sport, has confirmed it’s nearly time to hang up his boots.