Principal and Principle Vocab Meme +2 confusing words to your Word List
Principle– it means a standard, rule or a law.
Principal – It refers to a person who is the head of a school or organization.
Principle and Principal Word usage:
The beautiful principal taught us the first principle of Chemistry.
Chicanery and Subterfuge Vocab Meme +2 Vocabulary Words to your Wordlist
Chicanery [shi-key-nuh-ree, chi-] (noun)
- the use of tricks to deceive someone
- trickery or deception by quibbling or sophistry
- a quibble or subterfuge used to trick, deceive, or evade
Subterfuge [suhb-ter-fyooj] (noun)
- an artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.
- He employed a very clever subterfuge to kill his enemies.
- If his chicanery is exposed, he will be killed by his enemies.
Word Usage in news:
Rescind Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Rescind [ri-sind] (verb)
Rescind Word usage:
- Things that are rescinded: policies, court decisions, regulations, and official statements.
- A company might rescind your offer letter.
Rescind Word usage in news:
Religious officials ask Menasha mayor to rescind taxes
Oberlin City Council votes to rescind ban on handguns in parks
Quixotic Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Quixotic [kwik-sot-ik] (adjective)
- not sensible about practical matters; idealistic and unrealistic
Quixotic Word Usage
- It would be a quixotic task to learn all vocabulary words in one day.
- Quixotic efforts to install ios7 on your nokia phone.
Quixotic Word Usage in News:
Scientists have since tried in vain to make a viable drug-abuse vaccine, though many dismiss the goal as quixotic
Recondite Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Recondite /ˈrekənˌdīt/ (adjective)
- incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge
- little known; recondite information
Recondite Word Usage:
- Some recondite formulae in mathematics.
- The world of voice actors remains recondite to the general public.