- (adj) showing smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one’s achievements. “you can’t afford to be complacent about security”
Complacent meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आत्मसन्तुष्ट, आत्मसंतुष्ट
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘pleasant’): from Latin complacent- ‘pleasing’, from the verb complacere .
Complacent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India surprisingly did not play aggressive against us: Saud …, Shakeel said that winning against India was a big achievement for him. … and I got the feeling they were a bit overconfident and complacent.”.
- In Bollywood, if you’ve talent and work without ego, you’re in …, The minute someone gets complacent it reflects,” she adds. Being a part of the film industry gives one an opportunity to interact with the masses …
- Sonia, Mamata, Mayawati era receding. India is only grooming …, The gen-next of women politicians in India seem either too restricted, too low-profile, too complacent or just not groundbreaking enough. In fact …
- BJP is beginning to sputter at the state level and the party …, With 303 seats, it is easy to get complacent. … is like when a really weak team like Holland has to face off against a really strong team like India.
- Olympic qualifiers: Showtime for Indian hockey, BHUBANESWAR: On Thursday, a day before the Indian hockey teams … India’s new coach Graham Reid is not one to be complacent or allow …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Complacent
- or obse(ssed)-Qui( yes in frech)-ous=always obsessed with saying yes to it all
- ob + SEQUI + ous .. sequi means sequence where one thing “follows” the other.. and servants follow what their masters say..
How to Pronounce Complacent