- (adj) of or relating to or used in cooking; “culinary skills”
Culinary (क्यूलनेरी / क्यूलिनेरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from Latin culinarius, from culina ‘kitchen’.
Culinary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- How Ayesha Curry Turned Her Passion Project Into A Culinary Career.
- Chefs From 15 Nations at Spice Route Culinary Festival.
- Culinary classes in Kinkora school open doors for students.
- Culinary Arts Program Launches at Tilly Foster.
- The 10 Best Culinary Schools in America.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of culinary
- culinary = curry = cooking related
- (noun) an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale; “Amelie was physically a replica of her mother”
Replica (रेप्लक / रेप्लिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रतिकृति, प्रतिरूप, प्रतिरूप
- mid 18th century (as a musical term in the sense ‘a repeat’): from Italian, from replicare ‘to reply’.
Replica in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He offered prayers at the statue of Lord Ganesha, which was a replica of the ‘Lalbaug ka Raja’
- Missing her deeply, the heartbroken husband tried to fill the vacuum in his life by buying a replica model of the woman he loved.
- MS Dhoni: Sushant Singh Rajput plays a replica of helicopter shot.
- Although it’s not an exact replica of Escobar’s life, some things were changed to suit the series’ drama quotien
- A replica of Mumbai’s Gateway of India will come up at Boring Road crossing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of replica
- replica – rep.. rep.. repetition – same face
- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega