Ennui Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
lambast Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast
Lagoon Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an area of shallow water separated from the sea by low sandy dunes.
- (noun) an artificial pool for storage and treatment of polluted or excessively hot sewage, industrial waste, etc.
Lagoon (लगून) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- खाड़ी, खलीज,समुद्र-ताल, झील
- early 17th century: from Italian and Spanish laguna, from Latin lacuna
Lagoon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Police: Body recovered from lagoon is that of missing 50-year-old man.
- Water with the higher level of nitrates will be pulled from the aquifer and stored in the lagoons to create a well-head protection buffer zone.
- Frequent rains wash fertilizers into the lagoon, feeding the blooms that this spring triggered the worst fish kill in the lagoon in modern history.
- 30, Treasure Coast counties, cities and towns along the lagoon have laws banning the use of fertilizer with nitrogen and/or phosphorous.
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon in Iceland is one of the most visually arresting spots on Earth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lagoon
- lagoon – monsoon aayenge toh lagoon bhar jaayenge
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit