Affinity Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (noun) a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something; “she had a special affinity with horses”
- (noun) a similarity of characteristics suggesting a relationship, especially a resemblance in structure between animals, plants, or languages; “a semantic affinity between two words”
- (anthropology) kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship.
- (biochemistry) the degree to which a substance tends to combine with another; “the bacterial proteins bind to these molecules with high affinity”
Affinity (अफिनटी / अफिनिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आकर्षण, नाता, बन्धुत्व, मिलनसारिता, रिश्तेदारी, विवाह-सम्बन्ध, संबंध, समानता
- Middle English (in the sense ‘relationship by marriage’): via Old French from Latin affinitas, from affinis ‘related’ (literally ‘bordering on’), from ad- ‘to’ + finis ‘border’.
Affinity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, insiders say Jaipur could well be the frontrunner, particularly as Mumbai Indians have an affinity towards this city.
- Living here in London, I grew up with a strong affinity to Bombay.
- Having grown up shuttling between Mumbai and Pune, 33-year-old Assad Dadan always had an affinity for food.
- After that he lost his job and his affinity towards alcohol grew worse.
- I have felt a strong affinity for my nation since my childhood, for my land, for this soil.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affinity
- affinity = a feel near city (e.g affinity to Bombay)
Agape Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a person’s mouth) wide open in surprise or wonder.
- (noun) (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind.
- (noun) selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications.
- (noun) a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship.
Agape (अगैप / आगापे) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आश्चर्य की दशा में, मुँह बाये हुए, भौंचक्का
- mid 17th century: from a-2 ‘on’ + gape.
Agape in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The bride and groom were agape at seeing the VIP.
- That Tata Steel went on to pay $12 billion, 50% more than its initial bid, left several market mouths agape.
- You’d possibly think that it’s impossible to experience an agape love—a love that’s absolute and unconditional, the highest forms of love.
- Teenage monk leaves spectators agape with memory show.
- Rameshwar’s mouth was agape, like the opening of a weaver bird’s nest.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of agape
- agape = a + gap (in your mouth)
This video will leave your mouth agape
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)
Alcove Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a small recess opening off a larger room
Alcove (ऐल्कोव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आला, कुटी, कुन्ज, गुफा, घिरौची, मेहराबदार ताखा
- late 16th century: from French alcôve, from Spanish alcoba, from Arabic al-qubba ‘the vault’.
Alcove in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Every floor will also have a small alcove, with an eatery.
- It now stands beatifically in an alcove of the newly constructed Saude Church on the Fort Kochi-Kanamally Road.
- The last has a statue of the Virgin in an alcove in the wall.
- Just above the entrance is a small alcove with images of Rama and Sita.
- They will also have a Children’s Alcove for the young ones.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alcove
- alcove = all + cave (chhoti guffa)