Penury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the state of being very poor; extreme poverty; “he couldn’t face another year of penury”
Penury meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Latin penuria ‘need, scarcity’; perhaps related to paene ‘almost’.
Penury in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Despite many programmes, penury could not be removed.
- The veteran music composer who was living in penury wrote to Ms. Jayalalithaa seeking financial assistance.
- After Independence, Aich was released from jail and despite penury he continued to indulge in his passion for bodybuilding.
- Ali, who spent his childhood in utter penury and had to suffer a lot, being a non-white, became the biggest name in all of sports.
- The penury is often due to his drinking away the cash his brother sends.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penury
- penury = jab ‘pen’ khareedne ke liye ‘ruppee’ khatam ho jaaye, samjh lena penury aa gayi hai
Engulf Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) (of a natural force) sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely; “the cafe was engulfed in flames”
- (verb) powerfully affect (someone); overwhelm; “a feeling of anguish so great that it threatened to engulf him”
Engulf (इन्गल्फ / एन्गल्फ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निगलना, निमग्न, निगल जाना, निगल लेना,परिग्रहण करना
- mid 16th century (formerly also as ingulf ): from en-1, in-2 ‘in, on’ + gulf
Engulf in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shootings and stabbings engulf Toronto over the weekend.
- Forest fires engulf 20% more areas in Russia.
- Forest Fires Engulf Large Area Near Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- Thick Smog Continue To Engulf Kalyan.
- All teams and fans are gearing up for the Kabaddi fever which will engulf the entire nation.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of engulf
Ennui Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
lambast Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast