- (noun) the scope of the influence or concerns of something. “such a case might be within the purview of the legislation”
- (noun) range of experience or thought. “social taboos meant that little information was likely to come within the purview of women generally”
Purview meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सीमा, दायरा, कार्यक्षेत्र, क्षेत्र
- late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French purveu ‘foreseen’, past participle of purveier (see purvey). Early use was as a legal term specifying the body of a statute following the words ‘be it enacted …’.
Purview in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- RCEP trade deal will serve death blow to agriculture, say …, Farmers across India have called for a nationwide protest on Saturday … case, farmers have asked them to keep agriculture out of the purview.
- Onion storage: India should explore Israel, Brazil models, says …, India, which is currently witnessing a spike in retail onion prices, with … the purview of the Essential Commodities Act and undertake agriculture …
- Hindujas not planning to invest in India’s aviation sector …, Aviation is not in the investment purview of the Hinduja group in India, said Dheeraj G Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland Ltd. “We get various …
- Significance of SDGs and India’s Evolving Global Role, The progress made by India in implementing the SDGs was …. Trade (GATT) outside the purview of the UN, India’s endeavour has always been …
- PM Modi To Review Performance Of Districts, 30 Regions Under Purview … PM Modi inaugurated the fifth Indian International Science Festival …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Purview
- pur + view. View is what u can see or have. View in which u can say ‘pur'(but) is under your purview. Saying but is as good as control
How to Pronounce Purview