Quail Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) feel or show fear or apprehension; “she quailed at his heartless words”
- (noun) a small or medium-sized New World game bird.
Quail (क्वेल / क्वैल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- डरना, डूबना, दबना, धमकाना, घबरा जाना, हिम्मत हारना, हार मानना, भयभीत होना, धमकी देना, हिम्मत हार
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘waste away, come to nothing’): of unknown origin.
Quail in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Only Sunil Narine held his own with 2/22 but the rest just quailed in the face of Pollard’s assault.
- He looked into an abyss and unlike Dr Manmohan Singh, who quailed and turned away because the darkness was frightening, Modi has taken.
- When he wanted to acquire Godavari Fertilizers and Chemical in 2003, critics quailed at the price Murugappa was ready to pay.
- Who are quailed in the written test shall be called for Interview.
- And while they quailed for the 2015 World Cup, Scotland were unable to grab one of six qualifying spots for last year’s ICC World Twenty20.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quail
- quail ~ whale, saamne khatarnak ‘whale’ dekhoge toh ‘quail’ ho jaaoge
Qualm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear, especially about one’s own conduct; a misgiving; “shameless politicians have no qualms about their misdeeds”
- (archaic) a momentary faint or sick feeling.
Qualm (क्वाम) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 16th century (in the sense ‘momentary sick feeling’): perhaps related to Old English cw(e)alm ‘pain’, of Germanic origin.
Qualm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- So once Pakistan amassed a score above 200, there was little qualm about the outcome.
- In fact, the biggest qualm you may have with it is the lack of provision for storage expansion.
- They will all lie supine in front of 10 JP at a mere whistle from their mistress, without any shame or qualm.
- Indeed, if anything has come out of this ugly event it is that media lies and lies without qualm.
- It has a very responsive touch screen, but our only qualm about the screen is that it is very reflective under direct sunlight.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of qualm
Guilty dog desperately asks for forgiveness
Quandary Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation; “Nehra was in a quandary”
- (noun) a difficult situation; a practical dilemma; “a legal quandary”
Quandary (क्वान्डरी / क्वान्ड्री) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असमंजस, आशंका, उलझन, व्याकुलता, शंका, हैरानी, घबड़ाहट, नाज़ुक हालत, तंग हालत
- late 16th century: perhaps partly from Latin quando ‘when’.
Quandary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Ajay leaves Congress in a quandary.
- Revised MGNREGA wages put States in a quandary.
- AIADMK’s move puts TMC in a quandary.
- Maharashtra government in quandary over housing act.
- Water or cricket? Bombay HC leaves BCCI in quandary.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quandary
- quandary = kaun + si + dairy … se dhood lu 🙁 sab paani milaate hai
Palliate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (a disease or its symptoms) less severe without removing the cause; “treatment works by palliating symptoms”
- (verb) lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of (an offence); “if only there were some way to palliate his dirty deed”
- allay or moderate (fears or suspicions).
Palliate (पैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रोग शमन करना, चुप्पी साधना, अल्पीकरण, घटाना, न्यूनीकरण, लघूकरण, कम करना, हलका करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin palliat- ‘cloaked’, from the verb palliare, from pallium ‘cloak’.
Palliate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The main concern for these patients are the symptoms that they’re having and our need to really palliate these things as soon as we can.
- Doctors are trained first to diagnose, treat and fix — and second, to comfort, palliate and soothe.
- To ‘palliate‘ is to reduce pain and not to cure the disease itself.
- An app to palliate parking woes.
- Somehow I believed that going to India would help palliate the guilt that’s layered me since I left the country as a teen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palliative
- (friend) PAL will ALLEVIATE your pain.
Palliative Care Versus Hospice
Paleontology Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
Paleontology (पेलीअन्टालजी / पैलीअन्टालजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 19th century: from palaeo- + Greek onta ‘beings’ (neuter plural of ōn, present participle of einai ‘be’) + -logy.
Paleontology in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is known for its abundant fossil accumulation and is a subject of awe and envy among paleontologists all over the world.
- He wanted six skinny scientists with a background in archaeology or paleontology.
- Now we see the applications of AI in a variety of fields ranging from the medicine to paleontology.
- Paleontologists from the University of Queensland have recently found dinosaur footprints engraved in rocks near the Kimberly coast.
- A paleontological team in Pakistan claims to have discovered a 1.1-million-year-old elephant tusk.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paleontology
- paleontology = pale (dull) + eon (age) + to + logy(study)
WHAT IS PALEONTOLOGY?