Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo
“Driving me Bananas” Idiom meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with picture
Driving me bananas
(idiom) making me crazy (or angry)
‘Driving me bananas’ in a sentence
- It’s driving me bananas!
- You can either say “you drive me bananas” or “you drive me nuts”. They are both colloquials meaning that “you are making me crazy (or angry).
- My very loud neighbors are driving me bananas.
- His habitual lateness drives me crazy, or Apologizing over and over drives me bananas.
- The frustration is driving me bananas.
You’re Driving Me Bananas
laid-back Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relaxed and easy-going
Laid-back meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Presumably originally a metaphor — literally, “sitting in a tilted-back chair”, a relaxed posture of low defensive readiness.
Laid-back in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- There’s just something about the chilled out, laid back attitude of Goa town that makes you want to let your hair down.
- I’m laid back and down to earth person.
- It offers a laid-back pace and blends medieval architecture, scores of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and the zesty weekly market.
- To get that laid-back, uber cool look, distressed ripped jeans are another famed option that college-goers are opting for.
- We love Alia Bhatt’s laid-back approach to style.
How to Become More Laid Back | Better You
Melancholic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation
Melancholic [mel-uh n-kol-ik]
(adj) sadness, or a person who feels this way
(adj) disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy
Melancholic (मेलन्कालिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अवसादग्रस्त, उदास, म्लान, विषादग्रस्त, विषादपूर्ण, उदासी की अवस्था
- Middle English: from Old French melancolie, via late Latin from Greek melankholia, from melas, melan- ‘black’ + kholē ‘bile’, an excess of which was formerly believed to cause depression
Melancholic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I felt melancholic about this.
- For it’s when we’re melancholic that words flow for most of us and the emoji simply usurps those words.
- But having said that, The Lovers and the Leavers is not a melancholic book.
- What is commendable is that both actors effortlessly transition from happy to melancholic to even angry in some scenes.
- His demeanour suggests a meditative melancholic mood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Melancholic
- melan = ‘black’ = sadness
Bollywood – Melancholic scenes
‘On the same page’ Idiom Meme – English to Hindi Translation with Picture Dictionary
On the same page
‘On the same page’ Origin
- The origins of this phrase are unclear, however, one could guess it stems from schools, where teachers and students must be on identical pages in their books.
‘On the same page’ in a sentence (idiom usage in newspaper)
- India and Africa are on the same page on WTO,” Sitharaman said.
- We are all pretty much on the same page.
- Modi, Kejriwal on same page on trucks.
- Rauner, Madigan not on same page.
- And, apart from the Rainbow Warrior, we’ve been on the same page most of the time.
Kofi Kingston attempts to get Team Hell No on the same page: SmackDown