Achilles heel vocab idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
- (noun) a weakness or vulnerable point.
Story behind Achilles’heel
The term “Achilles’ heel” means a person’s vulnerable spot or area. It is derived from the Greek myth of Achilles and his mother Thetis. According to legend, when Achilles was born, his mother, in an effort to make him immortal, took Achilles to the Styx river and dipped him. She held him by one heel. The area where her fingers held him remained dry. As the heel was not touched by the waters of the Styx, it was the one vulnerable place on Achilles. Achilles became the hero of many battles during the Trojan War. Paris, Prince of the Trojans, shot an arrow in the heel of Achilles. Because the heel was the one spot untouched by immortality, Achilles died.
Achilles’ heel word usage in recent news (Achilles’ heel in a sentence)
- Apple Watch Battery Life May Be Its Achilles Heel
- India target England’s achilles heel by switching to an all-spin attack
- Defence is Man United’s Achilles heel
- If Narendra Modi’s government has an Achilles’ Heel, it is his weak bench strength in terms of potential ministers
- The Achilles heel for privacy and consumer protection are apps connected to marketing, where the information can be gathered and used.
- Verbal skills is the Achilles heel for a majority of CAT takers.
How to pronounce Achilles
Spiderman’s Achilles heel
Bite off more than you can chew Vocab Idiom +1 Idiom to your Word list
Bite off more than you can chew
- (idiom) To take on a task that is way to big
Origin: To bite off more than he can chew dates back to the 1800s in America, where it was common practice to chew tobacco. People would offer others a bite of their tobacco block, and some would greedily take a bite bigger than they would chew. People began to notice this and forewarned others not to bite off more than you can chew.
‘Bite off more than you can chew’ idiom usage in recent news (in a sentence)
- Rahat Kazmi’s ambitious film tries to bite off more than it can chew.
- While it is definitely great to walk that extra mile and be enthusiastic about whatever you do, don’t bite off more than you can chew i.e. by over-committing. Challenging yourself is one thing, but promising to do something completely out of your range is another thing.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. I thought that starting two businesses simultaneously, albeit in two vastly different fields, would be doable.
- We are all guilty of biting off more than we can chew, and given the amount of stress the average person is experiencing, it is no wonder that our adrenal glands are in a constant state of overdrive.
This is what happen when you bite off more than you can chew in gym
Heinous Vocab Meme +1 Vocab Meme to your Word list
Heinous [hey-nuh s]
- (adj) extremely wicked, deeply criminal
Heinous ( हेनस / हैनस) meaning in Hindi
- अतिदुष्ट, घृणित, घोर, जघन्य, दारुण, बुरा, कड़ुआ
Heinous word usage in recent news (Heinous in a sentence)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Heinous
- heinous sounds like hyena (a wild animal which are mostly found in asian & african continents) these animals are very cunning & wicked) -by rkavvy29
How to pronounce Heinous
Bollywood raged over heinous Rape in New Delhi
Fixation Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Fixation [fik-sey-shuh n]
- (noun) an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
- (noun) the activity of fastening something firmly in position
- (noun) an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
- (noun) (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
Fixation (फिक्सेशन / फिक्सैशन) meaning in Hindi
- यौगिकीकरण (m),स्थिरण (m),स्थिरीकरण (m),नियत करना,निश्चय करना,स्थिर करना, असाधारण आसक्ति (f)
Fixation word usage in recent news
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Fixation
- Fixation= ‘Fix’ = when you get fixed to something (obsessed)
How to pronounce fixation
Look Up from your social media fixation and live
Librocubicularist Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your wordlist
- (noun) A person who reads in bed
Librocubicularist meaning in Hindi
- bistar mein kitaab padhne waala
Librocubicularist word usage
How to Pronounce Librocubicularist
HotForWords – What I like to do in bed! Librocubicularist