(adj) relating to marriage or weddings; “the nuptial festivities”
(noun) a wedding; “Queen Sofia arrived in Mumbai yesterday for her daughter’s nuptials”
Nuptial (नप्शल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
ब्याह, विवाह, शादी, शादी का, वैवाहिक, विवाह संबंधी
- late 15th century: from Old French, or from Latin nuptialis, from nuptiae ‘wedding’, from nubere ‘to wed’; related to nubile.
Nuptial in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- 20-year-Old Nigeria International Moses Simon will Today tie the nuptial knot with his fiancee, Ibukun Adenuga in Ibadan.
- After Harbhajan Singh, Rohit Shrama is now all set to tie the nuptial knot with his long time girlfriend Ritika Sajdeh.
- Although contractual marriage is illegal in India, there are some adventurous couples who make this pre-nuptial thing really fun to be in!
- It seems Minaj’s followers favoured the idea of a beach nuptial ceremony.
- Most of the Christian couples prefer to tie the nuptial knot during Christmas.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nuptial
- Nuptial ~ nuptial(wedding) knot
Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh ties nuptial knot (Oct 30, 2015)
Hirsute (हर्सूट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin hirsutus.
Hirsute in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hirsutism is a condition wherein a woman has excessive hair growth and the hair is usually thick and dark, rather than fine and fair.
- More than 350 hirsute men from around the world descended on the sleepy Austrian town of Leogang for 2015’s World Beard and Moustache Day.
- These hirsute men of Bollywood had absolutely no qualms in showing themselves off to the world as they were – no shame.
- All you hirsute He-men, who celebrate that fine face fur through the year, take a back seat.
- Oddly enough, hirsute and swarthy ageing Malayali male cine stars advertise gold jewellery and gold loans.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hirsute
- Hirsute= ‘hair’ ka ‘suit’
Bollywood Hirsute Actors Who WAXED Their Chests | CHECKOUT
(noun) a lengthy and aggressive speech
(verb) lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner
Harangue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भाषण, भाषण देना, उग्र भाषण देना
- late Middle English: from Old French arenge, from medieval Latin harenga, perhaps of Germanic origin. The spelling was later altered to conform with French harangue (noun), haranguer (verb).
Harangue in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- And both are prepared to bully, harangue, and lie to get ahead.
- He “cursed the entire uniform(ed) body” during a 90-minute harangue.
- I hate to end the year with a harangue against a major technology company, but I must.
- He did periodically harangue me for wasting my natural business development / sales skills.
- he Prime Minister was sending a signal to the right-wing fringe in the BJP that it must tone down its harangue, the analyst added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of harangue
- HAR (her) + ANGUE (anger) = jab kisi ‘her’ ko ‘anger’ aaye toh harangue sunne ke liye ready ho jao dosto
(noun) violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred
Sacrilege (सैक्रलज / सैक्रलिज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अपवित्रीकरण, पवित्र वस्तुओं का अनादर, पवित्र वस्तुओं की चोरी, पुण्य वस्तु दूषण
- Middle English: via Old French from Latin sacrilegium, from sacrilegus ‘stealer of sacred things’, from sacer, sacr- ‘sacred’ + legere ‘take possession of’.
Sacrilege in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Punjab Cabinet approves life term for acts of sacrilege.
- Incidents of sacrilege of Sikh scriptures were reported from Amritsar and Ferozepur districts on Tuesday.
- Kejriwal visits turmoil-hit Punjab, condemns sacrilege acts.
- Man held for sacrilege attempt in Ludhiana.
- Addressing a gathering, he said: “The sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib has caused immense pain not only to Sikhs, but also to the humanity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrilege
- Sacrilege = Sacred + leg, touching leg to sacred objects = Sacrilege
Two held in the sacrilege of Sri Guru Granth Sahib at Ludhiana
Appellation (ऐपलेशन / ऐपलैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाम, पदवी, संज्ञा, उपपद, उपाधि
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin appellatio(n- ), from the verb appellare
Appellation in a sentence (word usage in sentence)
- The Islamic word Allah is therefore not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued to be used by Islam.
- Long after the actor went back to Hyderabad, media circles struggled to get the correct appellation for the actor’s sartorial choice.
- Meanwhile, Sushil Kumar Modi started calling himself SuMo, aping Narendra Modi’s appellation NaMo.
- Hajj Amin (hajj is the appellation of a Muslim who has made the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca) was a trouble-maker right from the beginning.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of appellation
- appellation = apple + nation => mere nation ka naam apple hai 🙂
raj naam (appellation) to suna hoga_rab ne bana di jodi