ABJURE Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; “She abjured her beliefs”
Abjure (ऐब्जुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संत्याग करना, अस्वीकार करना, औपचारिक रूप से त्याग करना, शपथपूर्वक त्याग करना, त्यागना
- late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- ‘away’ + jurare ‘swear’.
Abjure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shanmuganathan asks outfits to abjure path of violence.
- One will not become patriotic by shouting slogans; one has to abjure the sentiment of enmity, violence, vigilantism and vengeance.
- PM Narendra Modi asks Naxals to abjure violence.
- There will be no talks unless they abjure violence.
- This in itself will ensure officers abjure errant behaviour.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abjure
- Salmaan khan saying “ab” “jury” ke saamne kasam khata hun kabhi drink and drive nahi karunga.
Sholay – Gabbar Singh’s before abjuring violence
Abide Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation); “I said I would abide by their decision”
- (of a feeling or memory) continue without fading or being lost; “at least one memory will abide”
- (informal) be unable to tolerate; “he cannot abide lies”
Abide (अबाइड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, बरदाश्त करना, एक जगह रहना, टिकना, ठहरना, पालन करना
- Old English ābīdan ‘wait’, from ā- ‘onwards’ + bīdan
Abide in a sentence (word usage from newspaper)
- The Centre today said it will abide by Supreme Court verdict on the issue of freeing convicts.
- When Laloo and co starts behaving like Indian citizens, abide by the law, end violence, stop provoke minorities, then they can ask questions.
- Her family was an outcast as her father refused to abide by certain age-old traditions.
- Moreover, the UB group chairman and Rajya Sabha member also said that he shall abide by the law and comply with the judicial system.
- If the government has made the law, everybody should abide by it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abide
- abide = “aa” jao “bride”, it’s our wedding night, you must abide by rituals.
Life in Odd & Even Delhi – BC Films
Abet Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong, in particular to commit a crime; “he was not guilty of murder, but guilty of aiding and abetting others”
Abet (अबेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उकसाना, अपराध आदि में सहायक होना, बुरे काम के लिये उकसाना, सहयोग देना, बढ़ावा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘urge to do something good or bad’): from Old French abeter, from a- (from Latin ad ‘to, at’) + beter ‘hound, urge on’.
Abet in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hang officials who abet lake encroachments, says Speaker.
- Social media and online media will continue to aid and abet terrorists with spreading their message and reaching new generations of recruits.
- We also arrested another young man, Ameen Ali, from the same premises for helping Muzamil abet the crime.
- China could initiate and enhance its support for militants in the Indian northeast, or worse, encourage and abet Pakistan’s proxy warriors.
- Digital currency to abet money laundering: Report
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abet
- abet = “aa” + “bet” lagate hai, you can’t kill a tiger
Akshay Kumar abetting the crime
Accede Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) agree to a demand, request, or treaty.“the authorities did not accede to the strikers’ demands”
- (verb) assume an office or position; “Elizabeth I acceded to the throne in 1558”
- (verb) become a member of an organization; “Albania acceded to the IMF in 1990”
Accede (ऐक्सीड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, पद या कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, सम्मिलित होना, सहमत होना, झुक जाना, पद ग्रहण करना, कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, मान लेना
- late Middle English (in the general sense ‘come forward, approach’): from Latin accedere, from ad- ‘to’ + cedere ‘give way, yield’.
Accede in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Thus it became incumbent upon the stewards to accede to Shah’s request and investigate further.
- Besides this, I had verbally assured the Quaid-i-Azam that I would accede to Pakistan as soon as it was established.
- If the TDP fails to accede to the Kapu demands, it will be doomed, they warned.
- Jinnah accepted Junagadh’s accession to Pakistan and strenuously encouraged the Nizam of Hyderabad not to accede to India.
- “If we allow this, then the government will have no choice but to accede to the growing demands of SC and ST communities,” he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accede
- accede = ac + cede (yield to)
Crime Master Gogo Scene – Andaz Apna Apna