- (noun) the action of forcibly taking someone away against their will. “they organized the abduction of Mr Cordes on his way to the airport”
- (noun) (in legal use) the illegal removal of a child from its parents or guardians. “the man is also accused of the attempted abduction of another youngster”
- (noun) the movement of a limb or other part away from the midline of the body, or from another part.
Abduction meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अपहरण, भगा ले जाना फुसला या धमका कर, अपावर्तन, अपहरण का कार्य]
Abduction in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India urges Pakistan to take immediate action over forced …, With the latest case of a Hindu girl’s abduction and forced conversion to Islam coming to light in Pakistan, India on Sunday said that it has …
- Ex-Union Minister Chinmayanand booked for abduction … to murder) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) based on a …
- Pakistan Sikh girl not yet reunited with her family, India said it has raised with Pakistan the issue of her abduction and forced conversion to Islam and sought for “immediate remedial action”.
- Greater Kailash abduction solved: Servant killed 92-year-old …, The Delhi Police has finally uncovered the mystery behind the abduction of the 92-year-old man from South Delhi’s Greater Kailash II area.
- Another Hindu girl abducted, converted to Islam in Pakistan, A Hindu girl has allegedly been abducted and forced to marry a Muslim man in Pakistan’s Sindh Province, sources told India Today TV. This is …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Abduction
- ab+duck+station: A duck is arrested for kidnapping a kid. Visualize a duck with a small kid hanging from its mouth.
- ab+duct in which duct means a pipe which carries away and ab added to it defines it as by force