- (verb) formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution). “the tax was abolished in 1977”
Abolish meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- हटाना, नामो निशान मिटा देना, उन्मूलन करना, उठा देना, समाप्त करना
- late Middle English: from Old French aboliss-, lengthened stem of abolir, from Latin abolere ‘destroy’.
Abolish in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- How Sushma Swaraj realised her 1996 dream of abolishing Article …, Days after the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government collapsed after a 16-day run in 1996, a young Sushma Swaraj gave a fiery speech in Lok …
- Centre issues notification to abolish Himachal Pradesh administration …, SHIMLA: The government of India on Friday issued a notification for the abolition of HP State Administrative Tribunal. The state government …
- How Did The Privy Purse Help To Integrate India After 1947?, On 5th September 1970, a bill to abolish the practice of Privy Purses in India lost by one vote to reach the one-third majority in Rajya Sabha. Simultaneously, the …
- Abolish M-Forms before poll: Pandits … Youth All India Kashmiri Samaj has urged the Election Commission of India (EC) to abolish the M-Form …
- Two Nuclear-Armed States Accuse India of Harming Sovereignty, India’s move to abolish the decades-long autonomy of Kashmir has drawn strong reaction from its neighbors, with China accusing New Delhi of …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Abolish
- sounds sumwhat similar to demolish..which means put an end of sumthing
- abolish is similar to abort.Meaning of abort is to stop the development of a baby.Thus the meaning “End something” or “Put to an end”.
Mishal Malik terms India's move to abolish Article 370 as open terrorism