- (verb) agree to a demand, request, or treaty.“the authorities did not accede to the strikers’ demands”
- (verb) assume an office or position; “Elizabeth I acceded to the throne in 1558”
- (verb) become a member of an organization; “Albania acceded to the IMF in 1990”
Accede (ऐक्सीड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, पद या कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, सम्मिलित होना, सहमत होना, झुक जाना, पद ग्रहण करना, कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, मान लेना
- late Middle English (in the general sense ‘come forward, approach’): from Latin accedere, from ad- ‘to’ + cedere ‘give way, yield’.
Accede in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Thus it became incumbent upon the stewards to accede to Shah’s request and investigate further.
- Besides this, I had verbally assured the Quaid-i-Azam that I would accede to Pakistan as soon as it was established.
- If the TDP fails to accede to the Kapu demands, it will be doomed, they warned.
- Jinnah accepted Junagadh’s accession to Pakistan and strenuously encouraged the Nizam of Hyderabad not to accede to India.
- “If we allow this, then the government will have no choice but to accede to the growing demands of SC and ST communities,” he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accede
- accede = ac + cede (yield to)
Crime Master Gogo Scene – Andaz Apna Apna