Adjure [uh–joo r]
- (verb) urge or request (someone) solemnly or earnestly to do something;“I adjure you to tell me the truth”
Adjure(अजुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनुरोध करना या अनुनय करना,शपथ दिलाकर कोई बात पूछना,सौगंध दिलाना,कसम खिलाना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘put a person on oath’): from Latin adjurare, from ad- ‘to’ + jurare ‘swear’ (from jus, jur- ‘oath’).
Can be confused with abjure, adjure
Adjure in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- I often adjure more cynical friends to consider our genuine and undeniable national strength, and strengths.
- As a young intern, I may not be the paramount authority to adjure you.
- I unflinching subscribe to it and adjure the general public to back social reform too.
- we, politely, adjure the IGP and the Hon. Minister for women and gender affairs to, personally, take an interest in this case
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adjure
- ADD+JEWAR(jewellery)…..wife demanding(adjuring).. mere ko aur jewar chahiye
Guess who is adjuring in the video below