- (adj) (of a person’s mouth) wide open in surprise or wonder.
- (noun) (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind.
- (noun) selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications.
- (noun) a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship.
Agape (अगैप / आगापे) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आश्चर्य की दशा में, मुँह बाये हुए, भौंचक्का
- mid 17th century: from a-2 ‘on’ + gape.
Agape in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The bride and groom were agape at seeing the VIP.
- That Tata Steel went on to pay $12 billion, 50% more than its initial bid, left several market mouths agape.
- You’d possibly think that it’s impossible to experience an agape love—a love that’s absolute and unconditional, the highest forms of love.
- Teenage monk leaves spectators agape with memory show.
- Rameshwar’s mouth was agape, like the opening of a weaver bird’s nest.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of agape
- agape = a + gap (in your mouth)
This video will leave your mouth agape