- (noun) a fire or light set up in a high or prominent position as a warning, signal, or celebration. “a chain of beacons carried the news”
- (noun) a hill suitable for a beacon. “Ivinghoe Beacon”
- (noun) a light or other visible object serving as a signal, warning, or guide at sea, on an airfield, etc.
- (noun) a radio transmitter whose signal helps to fix the position of a ship, aircraft, or spacecraft.
Beacon meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आकाशदीप, दीप स्तम्भ, आकाश दीप, प्रकाशस्तम्भ, प्रकाश, प्रकाशस्तम्भ
- Old English bēacn ‘sign, portent, ensign’, of West Germanic origin; related to beckon.
Beacon in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Startup nation: Indian startup founders reveal important new …, Entrepreneurs are the new heroes of India’s middle class. After two … in the Indian economy, startups and their founders are a beacon of hope.
- Nasa to share images of Vikram’s moon landing site with Isro, Meanwhile the DSN24 continues emitting its beacon in hopes … The Indian lander-rover was carrying on board a NASA passive experiment …
- Science & technology beacon of lights for economic prosperity …, Friday said science and technology serve as the beacon lights for … Kottayam, Sep 13 (UNI) Communist Party of India (M) State secretary …
- Democracy not inimical to economic development, increases …, “India since the economic liberalisation in 1991 has shown how a democratic … Our shining democracy is a beacon of hope and inspiration to a …
- India Poker Championship Another Beacon of Hope for Local Players … The India Poker Championship (IPC) will get underway on September …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Beacon
- akon lights up ipl closing ceremony.so be-acon(akon) n lighten up ur friends
- beacon = beam + con; From the light post the light of beam is projected to find who(con) are the ppl runing on the road.