- (adj) deprived of or lacking (something). “her room was stark and bereft of colour”
- (adj) (of a person) sad and lonely, especially through someone’s death or departure. “his death in 1990 left her bereft”
Bereft meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्यार में दुखी
- late 16th century: archaic past participle of bereave.
Bereft in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Budget 2019 ‘bereft of any reforms’, is an insipid budget: P …, “The Modi government treats India as one big state government and has taken upon itself to do things that are the right and duty of state …
- Bereft of benefits, labourers push for online registration, Tribune News Service. Karnal, June 19. Hundreds of labourers under the banner of Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) today protested in the city …
- Why India should not outlaw cryptocurrencies, India needs to be open to the possibility of using cryptocurrencies for … and heists that leave the unwary and the unsavvy bereft of their savings.
- Uruguay Not Copa America Favourites: Tabarez, Japan have come under criticism by some commentators here for choosing an inexperienced squad that is bereft of several senior players.
- Is There Any Ideology Left in Indian Politics?, In independent India, the ideological Hindutva elements existed within … the party seems to be bereft of ideas, save the desire to win elections.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Bereft
- bereft = beer + left and therefore DEPRIVED of beer
- a man deprived of something drinks BEER
A person bereft of desires is a Sanyasi | DeepAnswers by Deep Trivedi | A581