- (verb) (of a problem or difficulty) trouble (someone or something) persistently. “the social problems that beset the UK”
- (verb) surround and harass. “I was beset by clouds of flies”
- (verb) hem in. “the ship was beset by ice and finally sank”
- (verb) be covered or studded with. “springy grass all beset with tiny jewel-like flowers”
Beset meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- घेर लेना
- Old English besettan, from be- ‘about’ + settan (see set1).
Beset in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Act on Hirakud Dam to avoid disaster: Bargarh MP Suresh Pujari, While its expected life span was 100 years, it has been beset by heavy erosion in the catchment area that has led to the dam silting up …
- Policymakers may have to focus on rewards & incentives to scale up …, These are only some ills that have beset Indian agriculture. … member of The Economic Times India Leadership Council, ETILC’s core group …
- Paradigm Shift: What Arbitration and Conciliation Amendment Bill …, A causal nexus has resulted in Indian parties favouring international …. Institutional arbitration in India has been beset by a number of factors …
- ‘Public art holds cities together,’ Delhi artist shares thoughts, Delhi-based artist Neeraj Gupta is all set to represent India at the … In moments of the crises that beset great cities, it is these elements that …
- The history of the memsahib, The life and times of English women in colonial India come alive in Katie … They were shipwrecked, attacked by pirates and beset by violent …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Beset
- beset. bees+attack. imagine bees attack on u from all directions.
- beset sounds like be set(ready) to face attack from all directions