- (verb) cause (someone) to become perplexed and confused. “she was bewildered by his sudden change of mood”
Bewilder meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- चकित करना, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का कर देना, चकित कर देना, उलझन में डालना, घबराना, बहकाना, भटकाना, भुलाना, भरमाना, घबरा देना
- late 17th century: from be- ‘thoroughly’ + obsolete wilder ‘lead or go astray’, of unknown origin.
Bewilder in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Odisha poll results will bewilder everybody, says India’s PM Modi …, Kendrapara (The Statesman) – Prime Minister Narendra Modi exuded the confidence of BJP forming the government in Odisha and said the …
- Does this court judgement make any sense?, In rare times, as happened recently in India, they even bewilder lawyers directly involved in the case. A bemused Supreme Court bench sent …
- Turning dreams into reality: how the IPL built careers and changed lives, There is no debate over how India is crazy about cricket, and with the new … The son of a factory worker, Nathu managed to bewilder his …
- Polling official goes missing during West Bengal Panchayat election …, Among them, a few incidents are bound to bewilder us. … over to the Crime Investigation Department (CID), according to Times of India report.
- India and the Culture of Innovation, Such an array of causes for India’s economic woes would bewilder even the most seasoned policymaker. How, then, can these causes be …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Bewilder
- seeing WILD animals,he was confused……!
- Some times people behave like wild animals that makes me bewilder