- (Verb) talk in a loud, aggressive, or indignant way with little effect. “you threaten and bluster, but won’t carry it through”
- (Verb) (of a storm, wind, or rain) blow or beat fiercely and noisily. “a winter gale blustered against the sides of the house”
- (noun) loud, aggressive, or indignant talk with little effect. “their threats contained a measure of bluster”
Bluster meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शेखी मारना, धमकाना, शेखीबाज, डांटना, धमकाना, धमकी देना
- late Middle English: ultimately imitative.
Bluster in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Fine for ad bluster, Suresh Misra, a professor of consumer affairs at the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), Delhi, said the provision on misleading …
- Kashmir: The bond between ruler and ruled seriously eroded, Sight, sound and smell give the Indian and Pakistani dominated British … The public laps up sabre-rattling bluster, blames Nehru for not …
- India’s Move on Kashmir Puts Pakistan on the back foot, India’s decision to revoke Article 370 giving special status to Jammu … to counter India’s move, it will use old tricks – bluster, threats and a dash …
- Trump’s Hard Line on Pakistan Is All Bluster …. Fundamental policy divergences—on the issues of Kashmir, India, and China—remain …
- Indian, US officials in crunch talks to break trade tariffs deadlock, NEW DELHI: Indian and American trade negotiators on Friday were meeting … “Notwithstanding Trump’s bluster, it’s in India’s interests to lower …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Bluster
- sounds like blast her,so when you blast someone you talk loudly.but barking dogs seldom bite,so the blasting has no effect
- Be+LUST+HER…Imagine a boy who is saying ” I am going to BE HER LUST”….obviously the person is building castles in the air…..or he is boasting….