- (noun) an association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition. “the Colombian drug cartels”
- (noun) a coalition or cooperative arrangement between political parties intended to promote a mutual interest.
Cartel meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उत्पादक-संघ, मूल्य-संघ, उत्पादक संघ, कारटेल
- late 19th century: from German Kartell, from French cartel, from Italian cartello, diminutive of carta, from Latin carta (see card1). It was originally used to refer to the coalition of the Conservatives and National Liberal parties in Germany (1887), and hence any political combination; later to denote a trade agreement (early 20th century).
Cartel in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Kill a Viagra: 19 bodies hung from bridge, hacked in Mexico gang feud …, Mexican police found nine bodies hanging from an overpass Thursday alongside a drug cartel banner threatening rivals, and seven more …
- ‘Assam tea industry in crisis due to cartel of big buyers’, Guwahati: While Indian Tea Association has been advocating some pro-active steps by the government to tide over the crisis the tea industry is …
- The Chemist, The Cartel and The Capital, The Afghan cartel used the spice trade routes between India and Afghanistan to spread the narcotics network. Though the heroin in its purest form is mostly …
- Special Cell busts international drug cartel, 150 kg of Afghan Heroin …, A team of Special Cell has busted an international drug cartel … other household spices from Afghanistan to India, in a Heroin laden solution.
- Respecting India’s Women, But will such steps be able to make India a safer place for women? The chances are bleak. The powerful always form a cartel. So when one is …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Cartel
- CAR+TELL…we have to buy cars at a price told by the manufacturer, we cannot bargain….coz they have CARTEL and don’t bring down the price of car…..