- (noun) a collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject, especially in a book or other publication. “an invaluable compendium of useful information about language”
- (noun) a collection or set of similar items.
“a compendium of tools”
- (noun) a package of stationery for writing letters.
Compendium meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तत्व, संक्षेप , सार-संग्रह , सारांश , ख़ुलासा, सूचनाओं के बारे में विस्तृत विवरण, ख़ुलासा
- late 16th century: from Latin, ‘profit, saving’ (literally ‘what is weighed together’), from compendere, from com- ‘together’ + pendere ‘weigh’.
Compendium in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Amway launches a compendium featuring the entrepreneurial …
- New compendium profiles innovative techniques from around the world
- CBSE compendium of courses has no mention of careers in armed …
- NCDMB launches Compendium of Nigerian oil & gas opportunities at …
- CBSE releases a list of compendium courses for students to pursue …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Compendium
- An audience always wants that whoever COMES to speak on the PODIUM should speak briefly.
- Compendium=Compact Ending…!
Respected Gentleman Compendium!