- (adj) willing to please others or to accept what they do or say without protest. “there are too many complaisant doctors signing sick notes”
Complaisant meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मेहरबान, विनीत, विनयपूर्ण, अनुग्रहपूर्ण
- mid 17th century: French, from complaire ‘acquiesce in order to please’, from Latin complacere ‘to please’.
Complaisant in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India: A Future in Peril, And he will make India a $5 trillion economy by 2025. … the police and a complaisant judiciary, to destroy every existing or potential focus of …
- No questions please: Narendra Modi and the media, … disposal and are better placed to strike a deal with a complaisant media. … As the DMK and the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam …
- Trump freeing 40000 hard-core ISIS fighters, … his complaisant attitude through disapproving tweets that are merely … The West Europeans appear to have adopted the playbook of India in …
- Xi’s Nepal visit alarms US!, But Nepal has to satisfy all: the US, India and China as well. … A country less complaisant towards China might well have called off the summit …
- Baiza Bai: The Maratha Banker Queen Of Gwalior …, … and thus a friction with the rather Anglo-complaisant and conflict-averse king. … The mercantile nature of the East India Company meant they
- Don’t compare balanced advantage funds with FDs, debt …, Gaurav Monga also cautions investors about being complaisant about the equity exposure of these schemes. “Any scheme which as any equity …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Complaisant
- or obse(ssed)-Qui( yes in frech)-ous=always obsessed with saying yes to it all
- ob + SEQUI + ous .. sequi means sequence where one thing “follows” the other.. and servants follow what their masters say..