- (noun) a thing that contributes extra features to something else in such a way as to improve or emphasize its quality. “local ales provide the perfect complement to fine food”
- (noun) a number or quantity of something, especially that required to make a group complete. “at the moment we have a full complement of staff”
- (noun) the number of people required to crew a ship. “almost half the ship’s complement of 322 were wounded”
- (noun) a group of proteins present in blood plasma and tissue fluid which combine with an antigen–antibody complex to bring about the lysis of foreign cells.
- (verb) contribute extra features to (someone or something) in such a way as to improve or emphasize their qualities. “a classic blazer complements a look that’s smart or casual”
- (verb) add to or make complete. “the proposals complement the incentives already available”
Complement meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- समपूरक, विधेयार्थ, पूरक होना, पूरक, कोटा, अनुपूरण, इज़ाफ़ा,इज़ाफ़ा करना, जोड़ना, पूरक, पूरक जोड़ना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘completion’): from Latin complementum, from complere ‘fill up’ (see complete). Compare with compliment.
Complement in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Overcoming dogma, … and External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar complement each other. … India’s fight against terrorism went beyond mere protestations, and …
- India and Japan Eye the Dragon in the Room, India and Japan are set to hold their inaugural defense and foreign … it would also complement India’s recent maritime platform acquisitions, …
- Salesforce’s learning platform Trailhead to double down on …, Salesforce’s India plans for its learning platform complement prime minister Narendra Modi led BJP government’s efforts in the area of …
- Japan and India — a special relationship, Japan and India already cooperate broadly on defense, with all three … it would complement its recent maritime platform acquisitions, such as …
- Need to remember our fundamental duties as we remember …, Every citizen plays a key role in building a New India — a clean, healthy …. don’t complement fundamental rights with their fundamental duties.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Complement
- When u complement others is when they finis the work perfectly or completly