- (noun) a flirtatious woman
- a crested Central and South American hummingbird, typically with green plumage, a reddish crest, and elongated cheek feathers.
Coquette (कोकेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अपने सौंदर्य से पुरुषों को मोहित करने वाली,नखरेबाज़
- mid 17th century: French, feminine of coquet ‘wanton’, diminutive of coq ‘male bird, cock’.
Coquette in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- Priyanka plays the coquette to perfection, but her character is never more than a cardboard cutout.
- NH10 is indeed a triumph for the lead actress: she runs through a gamut of emotions as she flits from being a capricious coquette in the initial minutes of the film to quickly assuming the persona of a hopelessly cornered woman left with no option but to fight back with all her might.
- She is also the sexually deviant coquette who shares her brother-in-law’s bed and clings to him even when he orchestrates her son
- The heroine was not a coquette.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of coquette
- coquette = girl saying -> cock + eat
Identify the coquette
Yeh Mera Dil – Don (2006) *BluRay* Music Videos